ELTSA Privacy Notice Effective 25/5/18
Your personal data
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identifiable living person who can be directly or indirectly identified through that information. ELTSA processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
The Hollins Teaching School is the data controller for the East Lancashire Teaching School Alliance, and for any queries in relation to the handling of personal data may be contacted via post to:
The data protection officer,
Tel: 01254 233500
Legal basis of processing
The data processing described in this notice is on the basis of GDPR Article 6(1)(f), the legitimate interests of The Hollins TS as Data Controller to:
- provide services to customers
- evaluate service delivery
- market to potential customers
- maintain network and information security
- meet our legal obligations
You have the following legal rights in respect of how ELTSA processes your personal data:
|To access the data about you that ELTSA holds||ICO Guidance||Contact ELTSA using the details in the section “Who are we” above|
|To correct the details we hold||ICO Guidance|
|To have data erased in certain circumstances||ICO Guidance|
|To restrict the use ELTSA makes of your data in certain circumstances||ICO Guidance|
|The right to object to processing, including the right to object to marketing.||ICO Guidance|
|To data portability in certain circumstances||ICO Guidance|
|The right to complain to the supervisory authority (Information Commissioner’s Office)||ICO Guidance||Contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 030 123 1113|
When do we collect your personal data?
ELTSA/The Hollins Teaching School collects personal data in the following ways*:
- Directly from individuals who contact us via telephone, email, social media, post, web site forms, or in person
- Automatically, in the form of IP addresses, web browser details and web usage history, whenever you access any of our online services
- When a school or other employer purchases a membership or other service and provides your contact details to us**
- When you attend a group training purchased by your employer or other organisation and the data is collected for us by a delivery partner
- From public sources such as school websites**
* ELTSA also collects and processes personal data from individuals who are employed by ELTSA, or who are contracted by ELTSA to carry out specific services; separate privacy notices are provided to those individuals detailing the context-specific processing of personal data.
** In such cases we will contact you to inform you what data we have received and from what source.
What do we use your data for?
To record whether you (either directly or via your organisation) have an ELTSA membership or have purchased other services.
To record accreditations and engagement with our various products, services and networks.
To support targeted marketing of services that we believe will be of interest to you based on the data we hold.
Some of our CPD programmes require further use of your data, you will be provided with further relevant information at the point of becoming a participant.
How do we protect your data?
The Hollins TS takes all reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to protect your personal information.
The Hollins TS assesses the minimum period to store personal data taking into account relevant laws and has processes to ensure data is securely deleted or anonymised when there is no longer a reason to keep it for the purposes for which it was gathered.
Sharing your data
The Hollins TS shares contact details of ELTSA members within school and special interest networks to facilitate the sharing of good practice amongst the members, and to support school-to-school introductions.
The Hollins TS delivers some services using external partners and consultants. If you are attending an event or training delivered by a partner we will provide them with attendee lists.
Some services delivered by the Hollins TS involve third-party venues or other services such as transportation or accommodation. Where we are contractually required to supply delegate lists to these partners then we will do so.
Third Party Services
The Hollins TS uses the following third-party services that may contain your personal data:
|Supplier / Service||Details||Location||Supplier Security and Privacy Information|
|Google Analytics||Web activity tracking||Worldwide||Data Privacy and Security|
|Google for education||Web based document sharing||Worldwide||Data privacy and Security|
Other data sharing
Some programmes require us to share participant data, for example with funding bodies such as Department for Education. In such cases participants will be informed of this further sharing at or before the point of sign-up.
Cookies and usage tracking
A cookie is a small file, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Find out more about cookies.
2) We use Google Analytics to allow us to see which pages and posts are most popular. Google state: “Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.”
We also log the IP address of all visitors to our site.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy notice at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
If you prefer not to receive marketing material from ELTSA or receive information from our sponsor partners, please inform us of your name, organisation, address and whether you prefer not to receive this material by email, post or telephone, by sending an email to: ELTSACPD@thehollins.com
Terms and conditions of CPD bookings
The CPD Terms and Conditions of ELTSA is effective from 1st January 2018. The Policy may be subject to change without notice.
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website. ELTSA reserves the right to make changes to its events, including content, timings, dates and venue.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Submitting the booking form secures your place and commits you to pay the attendance or cancellation fee. If the course is oversubscribed you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted if a cancellation is made.
Invoicing and payment
- Invoices will be sent via email/post to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 7 days of the invoice date. If we do not receive funds within the terms stated above then ELTSA reserve the right to reallocate your place(s) on the course.
- Payment can be made in pounds sterling by cheque, or BACS.
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact ELTSA to arrange for them to be reissued.
- If a candidate fails to turn up on the day of the course without prior notice (please see the cancellation section), full costs of the course will be incurred.
- If alternative contact details are received by ELTSA after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- Certificate(s) will only be issued to candidates on completion of a full suite of dates. Should a candidate(s) miss one or more session(s) from a suite of dates, they will not receive a certificate(s) connected with that programme.
Cancellations and Amendments
- If you need to cancel your booking please inform us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A substitute delegate may attend at the cost of a £25 admin fee
- If you do not attend the course without previously informing us, the full course fee remains payable.
- Cancellations will incur the following charges:
|Calendar days’ before start of course
|More than 20 days notice
|Full refund minus a £25.00 admin fee|
|Between 10-20 working days notice
|50% refund minus a £25.00 admin fee|
|Less than 10 working days notice
|No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend
|Treated as late cancellation and no refund given|
- Should circumstances mean that you need to transfer to a course/event on an alternative date, a £25.00 admin charge will apply if less than 10 working days notice is given.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course, ELTSA reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course. We will endeavour to inform all participants at least five working days before the course is due to take place. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another ELTSA course. ELTSA shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to ELTSA at least three days before the course commences.
- ELTSA shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
The ELTSA Promise
ELTSA gives a commitment that all of its courses are of the highest standard and will provide candidates with learning in accordance with the course objectives. If any candidate or employer has any concerns with this, they are encouraged to contact Louise Stubbs, Director of Teaching School at their earliest convenience.
These terms and conditions, together with the current ELTSA website prices, course details and ELTSA contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by ELTSA. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by the Director of Teaching School. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of ELTSA should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by ELTSA. ELTSA shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The copyright of all programme materials including notes, worksheets and resources remain the property of ELTSA (or appropriate course provider). They must not be used for commercial training purposes or reproduced for wider distribution without explicit agreement from ELTSA (or appropriate course provider).